About Me

Friday 21 September 2012

Anti-climax to my earlier blog..

Hi ,

I really din't want to write this one, and spoil the mood for a few of you..

But I couldn't stop from showcasing the cruel mentality of a few human beings..

Well, this is actually an anti-climax of my earlier blog about spring where I shared some pictures of nests from my garden.

I just discovered this yesterday evening, when I returned from office and went to the patio where I usually keep my shoes.. The tree in which the nests were woven, were cut down..!!

Firstly, that tree was not standing in my garden.. it originated from my neighhour's house, but majority of the branches were hanging in my garden, giving it a wonderful look.



There was unusual sun light in the garden, now that the tree is not there..  I din't want this kind of a sunlight to enter the garden.. no.. not at the expense of nature., not with the sin of destroying the nests..


While I was standing there, in complete disbelief of what has happened, all that I could hear was the crying sound of the birds , who have just lost their homes, that they had woven so beautifully, with all hard work, gathering grass by grass, leaf by leaf..





These were all that remained, out of the beautiful nests that were on the tree a week back.. If you din't see them earlier, please scroll down to see how beautiful the nests were..

I saw a few birds sitting on the compound wall, and crying over the lost houses, and shifted my camera towards them and positioned the zoom.

But for a split second, I thought about our human life.. if some one had just then lost their home, would we simply be clicking their crying photos ? I mean, if we were non-media ..  Definitely not..!




We have all heard about people losing their homes due to Tsunami, Earthquakes etc.,

But they are natural calamitites.. and not artificial events..

What harm did these birds cause to my neighbour ?

What harm did that tree cause to them ?

Why on earth did they have to cut that tree so mercilessly ?

Well, honestly, I do not find a satisfying answer.

I was totally disappointed by what was done during the day.. 5 beautiful nests were destroyed. 5 homes were demolished.

But the good news is that - there were no eggs in any of those nests.

Perhaps, the birds knew that they should not trust these human beings..and this could have been their vacation habitat or so..

And while the tree is no longer there for me to admire in the mornings, I also noted through the new gap that there were a few more nests woven on a tree that was standing two houses away..





I only hope that  - that house owner / tenant is not as "stone-hearted" as my neighbour is.. and that he would allow the birds to stay there till they wish..!!

Sorry if I spoiled your mood with these sad pictures.. but then, I wanted this to be on my blog. So that, any one who sees both the pcitures (the above ones and the pictures from my earlier blog), will think twice before cutting down a tree..!!

1 comment:

Aravindh said...

Sorry about that... Can understand the feelings you went through.. however, such is life... :(