About Me

Sunday 22 February 2015

RIP Ramesh bhai


This is the first ever time i'm writing a kind of Obituary diary post. (Glad i didn't have to write one in the past) So i dont know how it is ought to be.

Today morning (22nd Feb), I got a very shocking news that my ex-colleague, good friend, and my SAP mentor , Ramesh KV passed away yesterday (21st Feb 2015) by a massive stroke. He should be in his mid 30's and has left behind his wife and two kids , the younger one hardly 6-7 weeks old.

I was speechless in the morning and did not know how to react. It's been 8 hours and i'm slowly coming to terms with what has happened. so just wanted to write whatever i felt.

2005 December, HP bay


I had invited my sub at office to watch Ind Vs SA cricket today as he doesnt have TV in his room, Even though India were winning, making it an otherwise 'perfect Sunday' for a cricket watcher, I remained silent for hours together. Couldn't deviate myself, couldn't celebrate.

I worked with Ramesh for around 3 years - 2002 - 2006, and been in good touch ever since. He was my senior at HP, and when i became the business process analyst for EMEA and APAC, he was already one and moved over to US region, after giving KT to me for above areas. He taught me several interesting things in SAP which aroused interest in me and inspired my decision to go after consulting role / jump to IT industry.

Even after handover, when he was part of US team working in night shift, he still politely made it to office at 7 am whenever i called him for some APAC issues without any sulking.

After few years, when i had quit HP, and then attended an interview to rejoin HP after couple of years, he still showed the same affection and gave some guidance for my career i was trying to shape.

He has given me various important advices , even if not intentionally as a gyan, which is helping me till date.  The last we met was during an alumni meet in Nov 2014 where i learnt that he was doing a free-lance consulting.

As many of you know, I'm not a fan of idol worships. But if there is a person in-charge of maintaining the balance on earth, then he/she must be given lowest rating and sacked with immediate effect. This is not how you balance things. there are people who are on deathbed, neither dying nor surviving, causing financial and mental stress to family members. and then there are rapists, thiefs, terrorists and all sort of cheats. Of all, taking away this young soul CANNOT be justified.

I saw my grandparents's feeling - when they hear almost frequently that their batch-mates / relatives in their level are passing away one by one. Being in similar age group, what kind of feeling they have while hearing such news - i can imagine.

Time seems to have changed now.

A healthy friend in mid 30's is gone, leaving behind wife + 2 kids. No disease, no accident. And we, a group of 10-15 of us, in the same bucket, are speechless. Life is unpredictable. Hell yes.

I still hope someone calls me to inform that this was a sick joke, or a wrong person tagged in facebook.

I wish his family is able to extract all possible strength to overcome this situation. I hope he was adequately insured.

If this news is true, Rest in peace, Ramesh. We all love you and we miss you near and dear.

If not , well then. In our next alumni meet, there will be a chair for you. I'll see you there.

I'm not going to do a spell check or do my usual reviews and checks, as i clearly dont have the guts to go through this again. There could be spelling and grammatical errors - E & OE.

Neither am i going to send a mail that blog has been updated.

I seriously hope Ramesh finds this blog and updates a comment saying - what nonsense have you written, i'm very much here"..

about to click on publish - just double checking whatsapp to confirm if this really happened or is it some bad dream. unfortunately...........

No comments: